Sunday, May 17, 2015

Interviews with fellow No Poo'ers

I had never heard of No-Poo until about a year ago when I started reading about it on my timeline from two friends I went to High School with.  I've been so inspired by their journey that it inspired me to start my journey. Now I'd like to share their journey with you.
We now live about 1000 miles apart so I had to interview them over the internet via chat.  
  1. What is your name? Mistie Snider
  2. How long have you been No Poo? About a year.
  3. How long was your transition period? 2 weeks. Me: "Wow that's pretty short."  Yea I was pleased with that lol.  
  4. What are your favorite wash/rinse methods? Baking Soda/water, Honey/water  Rinse: Vinegar/lemon water + essential oils (coconut, caramel, plain cherry).
  5. What are you currently using? "Are you using the methods above? "Yep. I love it. My hair has grown thicker and longer than ever.
  6. How often do you wash/rinse? I do the dry poo too if my hair gets too funky. Usually a good brushing and a rinse with water will make it clean again. I usually only have to wash about once every 2 weeks or so.  The cocoa and baking powder is awesome and I've had so many people tell me I smell like a candy bar and they want to chew on my hair lmao!  I also do a deep conditioning with a smidge of coconut oil by rubbing it on my hands and running it through my hair.  Makes it silky soft.
  7. Has going No Poo changed your life and if so how? I would have to say yes. I'm happier with my hair than I have ever been. I don't have to wash it every day just so I don't look like a grease ball.
Dry Scalp Treatment
1c warm water
1 Tbsp AC
1 tsp honey
dash of lemon juice

Coat scalp and let sit for a few minutes.
  1. What is your name? Mandy L.
  2. How long have you been No Poo? July will make 1 year.
  3. How long was your transition period? Just a few weeks.
  4. What wash/rinse methods have you tried? I used baking soda and a drop of tea tree oil the first few weeks because it was oily. I have used Apple Cider Vinegar and lemon. Now I buy organic conditioner and use only that.
  5. What are your favorite wash/rinse methods? "So I'm guessing that so far the organic conditioner is your favorite?"  Yes, only because I don't take the time to make my own.  Work, home, and kids wears me out. lol.
  6. What are you currently using? I use an organic conditioner. It's from Avalon Organics and has peppermint essential oil. It even helps me wake up in the morning. :)
  7. How often do you use your co-wash (conditioner wash)? I use my conditioner every day. I have hard water.
  8. Has going No Poo changed your life and if so how? Saved on money definitely! My hair grows faster and is thicker with body. Before shampoos and regular conditioner weighed my hair down.
Thanks to Mandy and Mistie for being kind enough to answer my questions and share your pictures and stories with me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment