Monday, February 16, 2015

No Poo Washes/Rinses

So I've been No Poo for since January 5th, 2015.  I've transitioned from having to wash my hair every other day to having 3-4 days in between washes.  The baking soda and apple cider vinegar rinse work well on my actual hair and this is also greatly improved with daily boar bristle brush(BBB) brushings nightly.  I also try to braid my hair at night which makes my wavy curly locks more manageable.
I'm still having one problem.  My scalp is still dry.  I still have dandruff and itching.  I'm considering trying other natural washes, masks, practically anything as long as it helps.  So I've been researching a variety of natural wash recipes.
I've decided to try a couple of the recipes to see how my hair and scalp react to them.  I'm fascinated by the recipes that contain honey.  Honey is a natural healing agent and has antibacterial/antiseptic properties.  It's a super food that has been used for many years in foods as well as for medicine.  It wasn't uncommon to find wounds dressed with honey to promote healing. I'm also quite fond of the recipes containing coconut milk.  I love coconut products and I already use oil on the dry ends of my hair. Below you will find a couple of the recipes I'm considering.  After I've tried them I'll update the article with the results.
Recipes:
Image result for baking soda and apple cider vinegar
My current wash/rinse is Baking Soda mixed with water and scrubbed into my scalp and then I rinse that out with water.  Then I dilute 1/8 c Apple Cider Vinegar with water and cover the crown of my head then repeat to cover the length of my hair.  I pin my hair up and let the ACV absorb and then rinse it out at the end of my shower.
DIY honey shampoo. Get silky soft hair with this easy shampoo recipe!
Honey Shampoo:
Raw Honey
Filtered Water
A couple drops of essential oil

I've read that honey is really good for the hair and scalp.  Honey is a natural antibiotic, anti-fungal, and antiviral natural product.  It's very moisturizing to the hair and skin and great for healing the scalp. 
pH balanced all natural shampoo: Better for your scalp and only two ingredients!
Coconut Milk Shampoo:
1 Can coconut milk
1 3/4 c aloe vera gel
Couple drops of essential oils

Combine and freeze into ice cubes.  Take one out as needed the night before use.  Rub into scalp and through hair until coated.  Leave on for 30 seconds at a minimum and rinse off.  If your hair feels waxy rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar.


Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment