Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Robinhood App

So for the last few years I've thought about getting into trading stocks.  I've read numerous articles on it and I've always been interested however I never had what I would consider enough capital to really get started.  You have to have funds to purchase the stocks then fees for trading stocks, it can be a little overwhelming for someone who doesn't have a large budget to work with.
Then I discovered the Robinhood app.  I'm not making large sums of ridiculous money on it but I've also just started out about a month ago.  Right now I only have 3 shares of stock.   I have a stock in Twitter, 1 in Pandora Media, and one in Zynga.  Today, Pandora is doing better than Twitter but last week it was completely the other way around.  I just purchased the Zynga stock today (although you will notice from my screenshots I had it previously, sold it, and then repurchased it today).
Trading stock isn't like putting money in your savings account that accrues interest.  It's a gamble.  You could make money or you could lose money.  Currently I've deposited $30 and my account is worth $26.90 in my portfolio and $1.38 in buying power.  My goal is to deposit between $10 and $20 every paycheck and buy either a new stock or another share of one that I already have that is doing well.
Your Robinhood account is linked to your bank account to facilitate transfers.  They will validate your account by depositing 2 small sums of money that you will then verify.  Later those amounts will be removed from your account.  After you are validated you are ready to buy and trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment