Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Class Action Law Suits



Most people aren't aware but Class Action Lawsuits are settled every day with large corporations.  These large corporations could owe you money if you have used their goods or services.
Some people may feel that signing up is taking advantage of the laws.  I would disagree, I would state that you are not initiating the lawsuit you are merely collecting a portion that was won on your behalf.

There are class action lawsuits on a wide variety of topics from  your cell phone to antibiotics.  There are some great websites where you can search for active lawsuits who are still accepting plaintiffs on their list.

Periodically I check a few websites to see what I can find.
On Class Action Rebates I already found one settlement I just received a check from and I see I can expect a credit from Brighthouse in my future.
  • http://topclassactions.com/
    • This site shows current ones you can apply for.  You can actually enter your email address and they will just send you ones you may qualify for each week.  You can also start the process to begin your own class action lawsuit and have your information reviewed by an attorney. On here you can find Investigations as well as settlements.
I saw a couple I checked into on here for myself but I didn't qualify for any of them.

This site lists a suit I just took part in with AT&T.  They agreed to pay $105 million in settlements for unauthorized 3rd party charges for subscriptions.   They also had another lawsuit for unauthorized charges that may have came from a minor using your phone and purchasing games or add-ons.


What did you find?

No comments:

Post a Comment