Thursday, January 29, 2015

Smoothie Formula

Let's talk about smoothies!  I really love smoothies and I've actually used them to stay healthy.  In 2007 I was really sick.  There really wasn't much solid food I could eat, everything hurt to eat.  I had really bad panic attacks and stomach ulcers. 

Knowing that I wasn't getting enough solid food to sustain proper nutrition I turned to smoothies. In college I had studied 3 courses in Nutrition; General Nutrition, Diet Therapy, and Child and Adolescent Nutrition.  I knew what fruits and vegetables and combination of other foods to use in order to attempt to sustain my nutrition.

I was on Pinterest the other night and found this great chart for smoothies!  With this chart it is easy to make the perfect smoothie.  It is broken down into sections like: fruit/veggies, base, thickener, flavor, and power boost. The sections say how much to add and a basic reason why.

 Smoothies are an INCREDIBLE meal replacement when made right. Here's an awesome diagram to help you out. #health #diet #weightloss http://tuataranatural.co.nz

Some of these combinations I've never tried but look like they would be fantastic.  My standard shake was a combination of different fruits and vegetables.  I used whatever I had on hand, often bananas, strawberries, frozen pineapple and mango and veggies was usually carrots and spinach.  I used either chocolate or vanilla protein powder, yogurt, and soy milk.


Sources:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/390476230166868407/

No comments:

Post a Comment